Notification on personal data processing
This section describes the confidentiality and information protection rules of the Ukrainian Red Cross Society (hereinafter referred to as the Society).
The Society does not collect any personal information from visitors of its web-site other than information that is knowingly and willingly provided. The personal data is stored in our own protected systems. The Society will always strive to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, the URCS is not responsible for information security. All credit card payments over the Internet are processed through secure payment systems.
The Society’s notification on personal data processing is based on the principles enshrined in the Society’s Personal Data Protection Policy.
The term “personal data” refers to any information or set of information related to an identified or identifiable individual.
Personal data processing includes operations with personal data regardless of the means and procedures used, particularly the storage, disclosure, collection, erasure, accumulation, alteration, destruction and use of personal data.
Personal data controller is the Ukrainian Red Cross Society.
Personal data processors are the Ukrainian Red Cross Society and third parties who might be granted access to personal data solely for the data processing.
Personal data composition
- Data of persons who donate to the Society, in particular: name and surname, email address and phone number.
- Data of potential volunteers, in particular: name and surname, birth date, region and city of residence, phone number, email address, place of work/study, and volunteering/educational activity experience.
- Data collected through feedback form, in particular: name, email and phone number (optional).
- Data for newsletter subscription (email).
We respect your privacy and will not sell your data to other organizations for marketing purposes. Information might be provided to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement partners for further promotion of humanitarian assistance. These partners do not have the authority to sell a user’s information.
Data of persons who donate: the purpose is to keep records of donors, to facilitate the collection of various types of humanitarian assistance from legal entities and individuals for beneficiaries in Ukraine.
Data of potential volunteers: the purpose is to select candidates for further cooperation with them.
Data collected through feedback form: the purpose is to provide correct and timely answers to your questions, feedback, or complaints sent through the feedback form.
Data for newsletter subscription: the purpose is to inform you about events, to provide feedback on how your donations are used, and to inform about other activities of the Society.
Disclosure to third parties
To provide quality services and perform tasks assigned to the Society, we hire people, enter into agreements with independent contractors, volunteers and other
members of the Society, as well as cooperate with other companies and organizations, and government agencies. As a result, some personal data might be transferred to third parties.
If we use any third party service provider or business partner to process personal data on our behalf, we are responsible for ensuring that the company/partner agrees to provide security measures to safeguard personal data that are appropriate to the associated risks.
If we process personal data jointly with an independent third party, we must directly specify with that third party our and their responsibilities in the relevant contract.
During monitoring visits the Society’s legal department will, among other things, verify the implementation and compliance with this Policy in regional and local organizations and provide its opinion.
Personal data collected through the website might be transferred to the following third parties:
- Our employees, contractors and volunteers, only to the extent necessary to perform their duties.
- National Red Cross or Red Crescent Societies located in other countries, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (transfer of donor information to the single donor registry in Geneva).
- Payment system operators and financial institutions (for example, LiqPay).
- Our business partners, agents, professional advisors and service providers (including health care providers, translators and other third parties, with whom we cooperate or engage) to provide our services.
- Email marketing services (for example, Salesforce).
We process personal data for the time necessary to achieve the relevant goals. If legislation and decisions taken in accordance with applicable law require longer storage of information, the processing of personal data will continue for the required period.
Rights of the personal data subject
- To know about the sources of collection, the location of their personal data, the purpose of processing, the location or residence of a personal data controller or processor, or to give a corresponding order to their authorized persons to obtain this information, except as provided by law.
- To be informed about the conditions for granting access to personal data, in particular, information about third parties to which their personal data is transferred.
- To access their personal data.
- To receive no later than thirty calendar days after the date of request receipt, except as provided by law, the response as to whether their personal data being processed, and to receive the content of such personal data.
- To submit a reasoned request to personal data controller with an objection to processing of their personal data.
- To submit a reasoned request for alteration or disruption of their personal data by any personal data controller and processor, if such data processed illegally or being inaccurate.
- To protect their personal data from unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction, damage due to intentional concealment, failure to provide or untimely provision thereof, as well as to protect against the provision of information that is unreliable or discredits the honour, dignity and business reputation of a natural person.
- To lodge a complain about the processing of their personal data to the Commissioner of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine for Human Rights or the court.
- To apply legal remedies in case of violation of the legislation on personal data protection.
- To make reservations about the limitation of the right to process their personal data when providing the consent.
- To withdraw consent to personal data processing.
- To know the mechanism of automated processing of personal data.
- To protection against an automated decision that produces legal effects for them.
Where permitted by law, you may request access to your personal data, which we have. If you wish to access the information stored about you, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request in accordance with the national law and our policies and procedures
applicable to such requests. However, there may be circumstances where we are unable to provide access to your personal information. In this case we will notify you, whatever the reason for rejecting or restricting your access request might be.
In addition, if your personal information changes or you have questions about the use of your information, please let us know by the above e-mail.
You can see the list of cookies used by the website by the link.
All rights reserved. If you want to use text or a photo from our site, please contact the Information and Public Relations Department at email@example.com
© Copyright 2016-2021 Ukrainian Red Cross Society. All rights reserved. When using a content please refer to our website.