In Warsaw, Ukrainian Red Cross representatives participate in an international conference on improving the mechanisms of medical and social assistance for Ukrainians within and email@example.com
The main objectives of the conference are:
- Improving risk communication mechanisms and access to information on health care and improvement;
Involving communities in the revitalization of the health care system;
- Improving access to medical and social services for people forced to relocate to new places of residence in Ukraine and Eastern Europe.
The meeting also aims to improve the joint strategy for the recovery and sustainable development of the healthcare system of Ukraine together with the World Health Organization, state healthcare authorities of Ukraine and Eastern Europe, and major humanitarian organizations.
To enable the population to access quality medical and social services and support the healthcare system, the Ukrainian Red Cross:
- has deployed over 120 mobile health units that offer primary health care in the remotest parts of the country and, in almost two years of its operations, has provided over half a million consultations;
- provides home care for more than 5,500 older people and helps them with household chores, accessing humanitarian aid, and addressing social needs;
- educates on the most common diseases and teaches health care skills;
- promotes blood and blood components donation among the population;
- assists the state in responding to all emergencies in the country, including those in the healthcare sector;
- restores, reconstructs, and provides autonomous power sources and equipment to medical institutions.
Participation in the conference will allow the Ukrainian Red Cross to share its experience in responding to health emergencies and improve its skills in providing medical and social services to the population and supporting the health care system of Ukraine.
Fotocrew – Radosław Jóźwiak