Red Cross Society and Coca-Cola HBC are deepening their partnershipotrokhymenko
On February 1, the Ukrainian Red Cross Society and Coca-Cola HBC Ukraine signed a new Memorandum to deepen cooperation, taking into account today’s challenges. Now the agreement concerns not only emergency response and support for socially vulnerable groups, but also the promotion of the volunteer movement and youth development.
For more than 10 years, Coca-Cola HBC and the Red Cross Society have been implementing joint projects. The partnership began in 2009 and was formalized on January 27, 2012 with the signing of the first memorandum. In total, over the years of cooperation, Coca-Cola HBC has provided the URCS with about 900,000 liters of drinking water and beverages, involved their employees in volunteer actions and provided prompt logistical support for the delivery of goods throughout Ukraine.
Together, the partners helped the people of Ukraine to fight outbreaks, support internally displaced persons affected by floods, fires and severe frosts.
- For example, in 2009, during an outbreak of the H1N1 flu epidemic, Coca-Cola, through its distribution system, helped to distribute medicine throughout Ukraine.
- And in 2010 the company provided drinking water to people affected by floods in the western regions of the country.
- When Ukrainians suffered from floods in the Odesa region in 2013, Coca-Cola provided drinking water and delivered it to the affected areas.
- Also, in 2014 the company provided prompt logistical assistance in the provision of resources to branches of the URCS.
- Coca-Cola and the Ukrainian Red Cross Society have responded together to the challenge of the Covid-19 pandemic. More than 8 million UAH was donated to the Red Cross to purchase the medical equipment for 7 key hospitals in different regions of Ukraine with the support of the Coca-Cola Foundation. Since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, in partnership with the URCS, Coca-Cola HBC Ukraine has supported 15 hospitals in 5 regions of the country and delivered weekly drinking water and beverages to doctors and patients. They also constantly provided products for the elderly, children from orphanages and other socially vulnerable groups in Ukraine.
- In addition, in 2020, Coca-Cola HBC did not stay away from the exacerbation of the problem of donor blood shortages caused by the pandemic. A campaign to support blood donation in Ukraine was initiated jointly with the URCS, and 15,000 donors received the company’s products.
- And from 2022, Coca-Cola HBC in partnership with the Ukrainian Red Cross Society will also support youth development and launch new areas of corporate volunteering.
Moreover, Coca-Cola and the Red Cross have been cooperating internationally since 1917. Around the world, the company is assisting the Red Cross in implementing its humanitarian initiatives.