Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) Officer with Danish Red CrossNatalka Panchyshyn
Ukrainian Red Cross Society is looking for
Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) Officer
with Danish Red Cross
– University degree in a relevant area such as sociology, anthropology, social science, social and behaviour change communication or similar is preferred.
– Three years’ experience working in community engagement and accountability, protection, gender and/or inclusion or participatory approaches for a humanitarian or development organisation
– Experience from the RC movement is a strong asset
– Can work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
– Good communication and liaison skills with internal and external partners
– Excellent project management skills, able to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously, to a high standard and to deadline
– Highly motivated, self-starter able to take initiative and lead a team or process
– Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills, able to build relationships with people at all levels of the organisation and with external partners and organisations
– Experience of designing and delivering trainings and building the capacity of staff and volunteers is an advantage
– Experience of designing and implementing community engagement approaches, including community feedback mechanisms, tools for communicating with communities (radio, social media, social mobilization) and participatory planning processes is an advantage
Tasks and responsibilities:
The CEA Officer is responsible for the following tasks:
– Establish and manage community feedback and complaints mechanisms on DRC-supported operations and programmes at local level, including processes to make sure feedback is analysed, delegated, responded to and/or acted upon
– Ensure that the DRC-supported operations and programmes are reviewed, adjusted, and improved regularly, based on feedback, perceptions and data in close coordination with relevant staff and volunteers from both DRC and URCS
– Support DRC and local branches with regular sharing of information about the operations and programmes with community members, using preferred channels of communication
– Ensure assessments are transparent, inclusive and participatory, and capture a thorough understanding of the context, peoples’ needs and priorities, and most appropriate approaches for community engagement, making sure that people from diverse backgrounds are consulted
– Support coordination with RC movement partners on general work with and integration of PGI, community engagement approaches and feedback mechanism tools, including with URCS NC, IFRC, ICRC, and other relevant partner National Societies active in Ukraine
– Ensure that programmes and operations are when possible designed with involvement and input of community members, incl. men, women, boys, girls, marginalized or at-risk groups
– Ensure that any evaluations of the operations or programmes involve targeted communities, including asking if they are satisfied with the programme or response, how it was delivered, and what could be improved.
– Train or brief DRC and branch staff and volunteers on the minimum actions for CEA and PGI minimum standards, including their role and responsibility in meeting these
• Knowledge on communication, dialogue, community engagement and participatory approaches
• Knowledge on protection, gender and diversity and inclusion challenges and approaches
• Knowledge and experience with presentation, facilitation, and training approaches
• Knowledge and experience on humanitarian/development field, Ukraine context and needs
• Fluent in Ukrainian and strong level of written and spoken English, with the ability to translate
• Excellent level of computer skills MS Office, Word and Excel and experience with ODK, Kobo Toolbox or similar would be an asset
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter by 23.05.2022 email@example.com.
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for interviews.