Shelter and Infrastructure Coordination Officern.firstname.lastname@example.org
General Job Description:
The Shelter and Infrastructure Coordination Officer supports coordination, strategy development and advocacy functions in order to ensure Ukrainian Red Cross Society’s (URCS) role as the Lead Coordinating Society under the Red Cross Movement Approach. The incumbent provides support to the URCS management office to be able to perform its coordinating functions in a manner consistent with the UA priority needs standards, guidelines and requirements.
The Shelter and Infrastructure Coordination Officer ensures appropriate cross-sectoral coordination with other related clusters such as Health, Communications, Protection and others, advocates for shelter and infrastructure in the humanitarian response, supports the mainstreaming of early recovery activities, and spearheads the integration of cross-cutting issues into the work of the coordination mechanism, especially age, gender, diversity, HIV, and environment.
The incumbent may coordinate field activities of partners’ teams, including, but not limited to, the areas of information management, needs assessment, and technical support.
- Ability to coordinate the Red Cross Movement shelter and infrastructure participants. Must engage participants in positive interactions and troubleshoot problems as they surface.
- Ability to handle communications with partners, public, donors and volunteers.
- Ability to plan and implement the projects in collaboration with the RC Movement
- Assists in ensuring that project activities are aligned with donor commitments, humanitarian standards, Ukrainian legislative and construction code
- Continuously informs the management about progress in project implementation, prepares reports
- Visits project sites on monthly or bimonthly basis
- Collects relevant information from all RC partners, manages verifying of data, data collection, planning and reporting, and data sharing with all partners.
- Prepares a guiding instructions for all partners regarding the Ukrainian construction codes and laws
- Provides assistance to the implementing partners (i.e. with national and local administration)
- Archives acquired and entrusted documents and materials in proper manner
- Master’s degree in Engineering or relevant
- At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Ukrainian language is must, English language, Russian language is a strong advantage
- Experience in implementing humanitarian/development projects.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Approachable, good listener, builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, team members and external partners including at community level
- Ability to create a team environment and coordinate with other RC partners and within URCS with other departments
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, respond quickly to requests
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application. All the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and HR may contact eligible candidates prior to the deadline for submission as such early application is encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit your CV in English, with the desired salary level, along with your motivation letter in English at email@example.com.