National Coordinator on International Humanitarian Law / Юрист-міжнародникIvan Stepura
Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) opens position of National Coordinator on International Humanitarian Law.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Cooperate with Ministry of Education, Intergovernmental commission and other governmental bodies and educational institutions on the following issues for the promotion of IHL.
- Promote seven Fundamental Principles and IHL among URCS and civilian population.
- Protect of Red Cross Emblem.
- Develop content for the IHL courses and presentation materials according to specific needs or target audiences (URCS staff, heads of regional branches, youth leaders, volunteers, students, law students, members of the public, lawyers).
- Develop supplemental materials for IHL teaching sessions, presentations, and other events.
- Develop and foster networks for possible partnerships with actors within legal community and external audiences.
- Track and identify current events of relevance to IHL and prepare updates on developments in IHL.
- A degree in law, international relations or political science
- Knowledge of humanitarian, development and social fields
- Excellent level of written and spoken English, with the ability to translate
- Excellent level of computer skills MS Office, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and humanitarian operations is a strong asset
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the project goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent Principles.
- Establish and ensure effective working relationships with the other colleagues.
- Ensure effective working relationships with National Society counterparts.
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Integrity and honesty in dealing with confidential information
- Ability to work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
- Strong ability to communicate with people and colleagues at different levels
- Management skills and being a team worker
- Ability to organize team work and work with volunteers
Please submit your CV in English, with the desired salary level, along with your motivation letter in English by 21.11.2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates meeting the abovementioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and interviews.