Accountant for DRR projectIvan Stepura
Duty Station: Kyiv
Start date: August,1, 2019
Assignment: Initial 15-month contract with possibility for extension
Deadline, 15 July, COB Kyiv time
Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) – the largest humanitarian organization in Ukraine with a hundred years’ experience that in times of armed conflict and natural disaster protects human life, prevents and alleviates suffering, and assists its public authorities in their activities in the humanitarian sphere. URCS is part of the International Movement of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent, the largest humanitarian network in the world.
The conflict in Ukraine is in its 5th year, and civilians continue to bear the brunt of the conflict. The population in conflict affected areas of Ukraine is exposed to natural hazards, conflict-related risks, and major environmental (ecological) and industrial risks. Leveraging in-country and global capacity, and based on needs and gaps identified, a Disaster Risk Management Programme within a Consortium will improve understanding of, preparedness and resilience to risks (with focus on industrial/ecological risks, as exacerbated by the conflict) in conflict-affected areas of Eastern Ukraine on Government Controlled Area (GCA).
URCS is seeking a Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Accountant based in URCS Kyiv office. The DRR Accountant is responsible for the effective and timely financial and administrative management of DRR program in Ukraine, in accordance with national, URCS’s financial and administrative procedures, and respective back-donor regulations.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in finance management and programming / project financial support
- A University degree qualification in Accounting / Finance / Business Administration / Auditing or any other relevant field
- Experience in working with International (Non-profit / Humanitarian) Organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel on an advanced level) and the use of specialized accounting software systems
- Excellent communication, coordination and facilitation skills
- Good level in both written and spoken English language.
- Proven experience in supporting staff including training, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical skills and a keen attention to detail
- Working experience with EU/ECHO/USAID etc. and reporting procedures is a strong asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Support the preparation, follow-up and revision of DRR program budgets in conformity with the URCS and donors budgeting guidelines
- Take lead role in banking related accounting processes and transactions for the DRR projects matters
- Contribute to efficient communication and coordination between URCS Headquarter, URCS field team, Consortium/donors financial matters
- Coordinate procurement procedures for the DRR project according to URCS and the donor’s internal policies and regulations, in liaison with the DRR Project manager and URCS procurement specialist
- Produce financial reports that are in line with financial donors’/URCS administrative procedures
- Support and further build the capacity of the DRR field team on financial matters
- Stay informed of Government rules and regulations relating to financial management and administration in the country and advises the URCS DRR field team and URCS Finance Department whenever necessary.
Please submit your CV in English, with the desired salary level, along with your motivation letter in English by 15.07.2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates meeting the abovementioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and interviews.