Finance Officer for Danish Red Cross projectIvan Stepura
Danish Red Cross (DRC) has been collaborating with Ukraine Red Cross Society (URCS) and Belarus Red Cross Society (BRCS) since 2014 and 1996 respectively. Ukraine is identified as a DRC priority country and it is our ambition to increase the portfolio in Ukraine. Projects in Ukraine are funded under the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs Strategic Partnership agreement for civil society and humanitarian response and in process for additional funding from the European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations D.G. In Belarus, DRC is supporting projects with funding from Nordic Council of Ministers, EU funding (including the regional EU4Youth and Civil Society Participation in Belarus) Ukraine and Belarus also participate in the Provoice project funded by ECHO Civil Protection and implemented by a consortium with Austrian Red Cross as lead.
The Finance Officer is responsible for the effective and timely financial and administrative management of DRC projects and the Country Office in Ukraine, in accordance with DRC financial and administrative procedures, and respective back-donor regulations. A key component of the role is to develop the financial management capacity of Ukraine Red Cross Society (USRC) and Belarus Red Cross Society (BRCS) in implementing DRC funded projects in Ukraine and Belarus.
The position will include regular visits to Belarus and visits to the URCS and BRCS branches implementing DRC supported projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in finance management and programming / project financial support
- A University degree qualification in Accounting / Finance / Business Administration / Auditing or any other relevant field
- Experience in working with International Organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel on an advanced level) and the use of specialized accounting software systems
- Excellent communication, coordination and facilitation skills
- A high degree of proficiency in both written and spoken English language.
- Proven experience in supporting staff including training, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical skills and a keen attention to detail
- Working experience with EU/ECHO/DANIDA etc. and reporting procedures is a strong asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be flexible and adaptive to organizational changes
- Strong intercultural competencies
- Calm with a good sense of Humour.
- Support the preparation, follow-up and revision of Country Office and delegates budgets in conformity with the DRC budgeting guidelines
- Manage cash flows to the Country Office Ensure timely and accurate booking of all Country Office and delegates transactions into the DRC accounting system
- Advise the DRC Country Coordinator and delegates on all financial matters related to the Ukraine and Belarus project portfolio, in consultation with the DRC Finance Officer at Headquarters
- In coordination with the DRC Headquarters Finance Officer for Europe, prepare and execute audit for the country office in accordance with DRC audit instructions
- Provide project finance data for the annual Country and Project Progress Reports (CPPR and PPRs)
- Contribute to efficient communication and coordination between DRC Headquarters, Delegates and the URCS and BRCS on financial matters
- Guide URCS/BRCS finance staff and management in responding to findings raised by the external auditors and support URCS/BRCS to implement corrective actions to manage financial risks.
- Support and facilitate, in close coordination with URCS/BRCS the compliant closure of projects (including final reporting and external audit) and secure filing of all required documents in accordance with DRC/donor policies.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to project sites, in conjunction with the DRC delegates and URCS/BRCS, and contribute to establishing the most efficient and effective financial setup
- Support and further build the capacity of the DRC Ukraine and Belarus Country Office team on financial matters
- Facilitate the development of relevant training materials to be used in financial training of DRC delegates and URCS/BRCS finance staff engaged in DRC supported projects, in close consultation with the DRC Headquarters Finance Office.
- Contribute to URCS/BRCS financial and administrative systems and procedures development as per request from the National Societies
- Stay informed of Government rules and regulations relating to financial management and administration in the country and advises the DRC Delegates and the DRC Head of Cluster /Finance Department whenever necessary.
- Support the Country Coordinator and URCS/BRCS in the recruitment process for the Projects finance staff
- Ensure that the Country Office maintains a proper physical and electronic filing system as per the DRC Guidelines.
Вuty Station: Kiev with missions in – country and to Belarus
Просимо направляти резюме англійською і українською мовами та супровідний лист з позначенням посади за адресою: email@example.com.
Зважаючи на велику кількість запитів, ми зв’язуємося з кандидатами, які повністю відповідають вимогам вакансії.