Volunteer development unit coordinatorMaria Yeremenko
Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) opens position of Volunteer development unit coordinator.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and guarantee the implementation of a National volunteer strategy
- Develop and monitor the implementation of a National action plan on volunteer and youth development
- Improve the regulatory and legal base on volunteer engagement in URCS
- Coordinate and contribute actively to the development of volunteer related guidelines and tools to ensure qualitative recruitment, management and well being
- Arrange the educational system for volunteers, including training plan based on Branches needs, training manuals and monitoring mechanism
- In cooperation with the Psychosocial support Unit, participate to the building of a caring for carers system to guarantee volunteers well being
- Coordinate and manage all staff, activities and functionment of the Volunteer Development Unit
- Develop information campaign on volunteerism and youth engagement, to promote image, recruitment and civic engagement
- Produce information and communication materials on volunteer development, youth engagement and achievements of the National Society
- Coordinate the volunteer assembly organization and relevant seminars for sharing experience, evaluation and lessons learnt
- Contribute to the overview of the quality and relevance of the program/project(s) engaging volunteers based activities.
- Knowledge on Humanitarian, development and social fields
- Knowledge on volunteerism legal frame and methodologies in Ukraine
- Knowledge on Youth policies, legal frame and engagement methods
- Knowledge of project management cycle, methodologies and tools
- Excellent level of written and spoken English, with the ability to translate
- Excellent level of computer skills MS Office, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- University degree, preferably in the field of social science, international relations, project management, humanitarian faculty
- At least two years of professional experience in humanitarian or development organization is required
- Previous work experience in volunteer management and development of strategy, policies and tools
- Work experience in international context is an asset
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Integrity and honesty in dealing with confidential information
- Ability to work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
- Strong ability to communicate with people and colleagues at different levels
- Management skills and team worker
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter in English by 7.12.2017 on email@example.com
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and interviews.