Program OfficerMaria Yeremenko
Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) is looking for a Program Officer to support Danish Red Cross (DRC) mission in Ukraine.
Based in URCS National Committee in Kyiv, the Program Officer supports DRC Mission in Ukraine with program management, technical and administrative support to meet the joint DRC-URCS objectives. Employed by URCS, the Program Officer will be reporting to the Danish Red Cross Country Coordinator and work in close support to URCS staff, and in cooperation with Red Cross partners.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Program Officer is responsible for the following tasks related to the assistance to the mission of the Danish Red Cross in Ukraine:
- Ensure a qualitative project(s) cycle management and assist the Country coordinator and URCS projects managers in the assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Support URCS projects managers as per requested to roll out some of the activities
- Support trainings, seminar and workshop preparation and roll out
- Ensure monitoring visits and fields trips as per requested by the Country Coordinator
- Facilitate the coordination of the program between the different URCS departments and with others Red Cross partners
- Participate to new project design and grant writing as needed
- Develop and implement program communication tools and mechanism
- In charge to maintain proper projects filing and archive system for DRC.
Administrative and general support:
- Provide qualitative written translation of key documents for DRC and URCS
- Ensure the role of interpreter for DRC and URCS as per requested
- Preparing official correspondence, documentation and/or requested additional reports;
- Drafting meeting minutes
- Support administrative tasks related to program or DRC mission duties
- Support the implementation of compliance Standards Operating Procedures.
Education and professional qualifications:
- University degree, preferably in the field of social science, international relations, project management, humanitarian faculty or English language
- At least one year of professional experience in humanitarian or development organization is required
- Work experience in international context is an asset
- Knowledge on Humanitarian and development fields
- Knowledge on the humanitarian context and social needs in Ukraine
- Knowledge of project management cycle, methodologies and tools
- Excellent level of written and spoken English, with the ability to translate
- Excellent level of computer skills MS Office, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is a strong asset.
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid and Non-Profit Civil Society field
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Integrity and honesty in dealing with confidential information
- Ability to work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
- Strong ability to communicate with people and colleagues at different levels
- Eager for professional and personal development in multi-cultural environment.
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter in English by 7.12.2017 on firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and interviews.